The Danger of Heating up your home during winter:
Winter is Coming! As we get closer and closer to the end of the year the weather has shown a significant change. Yes, it is that time for us Wyomingites to get ready for the cold and the snow. Although we know that heating up your home and place of work is important and needed. At SERVPRO of Cheyenne, your safety, the safety of your family, and the safety of our community are more important. Here are a few tips that should be followed that firefighter is urging us to keep in mind:
- Do NOT DIY your heat - Please use the correct equipment to heat up your homes.
- Never heat your home with your oven - Leaving your oven open is very dangerous and it can generate more carbon monoxide if gas appliances are not properly maintained.
- Only use properly rated gas space heaters indoors - there are many gas heaters out there that are not rated for indoor use, please make sure that what you are using is.
- Be careful with electric space heaters - please make sure that you have enough room around your space heater.
- Never burn wood in a gas-only fireplace - gas-only fireplaces are not equipped to handle wood burning.
- Have your furnace and fireplace serviced every year - Please make use that your furnace and fireplace are ready to be used by a professional.
- Lastly, if it is bigger than a candle, please make sure that the area is well ventilated.
SERVPRO of Cheyenne urges you to stay safe this winter.
We are here to help: 24 hours a day/7 days a week, please call us at (307)514-9011.