If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (307) 514-9011

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Holiday Fire Damage!

12/7/2017 (Permalink)

Let’s face the facts, fires are a danger that happens every day. The holidays are no exception in this. In fact, the holidays bring about a whole new set of fire dangers that may not be as prevalent during the rest of the year.

Ways fires can occur during the holidays include but are not limited to:

  • Real trees get too dry
  • Decorations and trees are too close to heating elements i.e. fireplace, space heater, etc.
  • Lights and decorations have been on too long and have started to overheat
  • Candles too close to décor, furniture, decorations, trees etc.
  • Lights used outdoors are not rated for external use
  • Electric holiday decorations have a short in the wiring
  • Holiday meal preparations

Ways to prevent fires during the holidays include but are not limited to:

  • Make sure real trees have enough water.
  • Make sure decorations and trees are far enough from heating elements to prevent them from overheating.
  • Turn your lights and decorations off at night and when you are not at home.
  • Keep all candles away from anything flammable including drapes, furniture, trees, decorations, and other décor.
  • Make sure that all lights have been tested by a professional organization and that the ones you use out doors are rated for external use.
  • Check all electronic components of decorations and lights for exposed wiring and or corrosion.
  • Never leave a holiday meal cooking unattended.

For any assistance with damage from a fire call SERVPRO of CHEYENNE at 307-514-9011.

Other News

View Recent Posts