We Are Here, 24/7/365. Ready to Help
Call us today at SERVPRO of Cheyenne for more information. 307-514-9011
Here at SERVPRO of Cheyenne, we are available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, no matter how big or how small. When there has been a water damage, immediate action is crucial. That is why we don't work just 9-5. Emergencies don't care what time of day it is, that is why we are ready to help you, anytime, day or night.
We Are Ready to Help From the Moment We Answer the Phone
When you need us the most, someone will be there to take your call. SERVPRO of Cheyenne understands that when you are reaching out to us, it is because an emergency has occurred and you are going to be stressed, upset, and worried. We want to help alleviate your concerns. We know that everyone's situation is unique and personal. Our job is to guide you through it, with understanding, and professionalism. We have the experience and training to help you with a water damage.
Knowing What to Expect
We know the last thing you want are more surprises. We don't want to add to your stress or worry. When you call, we will ask you several questions regarding your water emergency. Why do we need to ask these questions? Because these questions help us determine the best way to help you. It allows us to know what equipment we will need and how many of our trained technicians will be best to help you.
Some of the questions you may be asked are:
- Your name and best contact information.
- The address where the water loss occurred.
- Your insurance information, if it is applicable.
- The date the damage occurred.
- What is the cause of the water damage, if you know.
- Has the source of the damage been stopped.
"Like it never even happened,"® that is our goal at SERVPRO of Cheyenne. Our technicians are highly trained, from the initial training they receive to ongoing training and regular IICRC-Industry certification. Rest assured, our teams have the knowledge and training to help you.
Is Your Home and Business Fire Proof?
Is Your Home and Business Fire Proof?
October is National Fire Safety Month. This means it is the perfect time to review your emergency family plan. Run fire drills with your family. The more you do, the more second nature it will become, so if there is an actual fire, everyone will know what to do, where to meet, and how to remain safe. Fire safety and drills are not limited to your home. Make sure your office or worksite has a plan in place for a fire. Don’t wait until a fire occurs, make sure everyone is prepared and knows their roles.
Some key things you can do to help ensure your home or office workplace is fireproof are:
Maintaining the correct type of fire extinguishers. Make sure you are conducting annual, if not monthly, extinguisher inspections. Make sure your family or staff are aware of how to use them properly.
Be a good housekeeper. A lot of clutter lying around is great fuel for a fire, plus it can be in your way if you are trying to exit the building.
Make sure any chemicals are stored safely and correctly according to their labels.
Does everyone know the exits? This seems obvious, but in a panic situation, are the exits known, marked, and accessible?
A – Assess the situation
C – Choose the best action
T – Take action
What events are going on in Cheyenne?
With Covid-19, events can be questionable and even a bit scary. Cheyenne is definitely cutting back on the events it is holding this year, but here are a few that you can still attend! All the events held will follow the FDA COVID-19 guidelines, so you can rest easy!
Annual Western Spirit Artshow & Sale:
Old West Museum, 4610 N Carey Ave. Over 100 artists from across the Western U.S. with 300 pieces of original Western art, including oil, bronze, pastel, watercolor, ceramic, photography, printmaking, mixed media and pencil pieces. Art sales support year-round arts and education programs at the CFD Old West Museum.
April 4-10, 2021. Seven days of your favorite restaurants, and the ones you've always wanted to try, offering exceptional pricing on special menu items!
May 15 & 16, 2021. Depot Days takes place at the Cheyenne Depot Sat & Sun, with exhibits and tours of the historic UP roundhouse and WASATCH RR Contractors. The Sherman Hill Model Railroad Show is at the Frontier Park Exhibition Hall, Sat-Sun. A trolley will escort people to and from the steam shop, with departures scheduled every 30 minutes from in front of the Depot. Union Pacific Steam Shop is open for public viewing.
Cold Weather Guide
Top Tips for your Home in Cold Weather
When you live somewhere that reaches below freezing temperatures, you know how much it can affect your home. If your home isn't properly prepared it may cause extra problems you don't need!
- Insulate Your Windows- By adding an extra seal to the windows, it will help keep that cold weather out!
- Keep Your Heat at least 65 Degrees- The temperature in your walls is significantly colder than inside, anything colder than 65 could cause pipes to freeze.
- Check all Fireplaces, Heaters, & Stoves- Make sure nothing flammable is near the heat source, and that they're working properly.
- Turn on Sinks- Let faucets drip slowly to keep water moving within the pipes to prevent freezing.
Cold weather is never fun, but you can make sure you and your home are prepared for the cold front coming in!
Uh Oh... flooded basements can happen to anyone.
The basement has flooded, it's 1 AM... What would you do?
Flood water that has not been handled quickly, and properly is dangerous for your health and safety! The longer you wait, the worse the problem can become. It can also jeopardize the integrity of your home.
Make a call to SERVPRO of Cheyenne and let our trained, professional crew handle the situation safely, and correctly!
- We are available for emergency 24hours/7days a week
- We are a Prefered Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- Our Techs are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
Call us today- We're Ready To Help!
Tips for New Homeowners
Becoming a first time homeowner is so exciting, but it can also come with a lot of new tasks you had never thought of before! One thing is for sure owning a home comes with a lot of responsibility.
Here are some helpful tips for your home, to keep it feeling brand new:
1.When cleaning always start with higher items first! Dust off fans, vents, and any wall décor before you start on the floors to avoid extra cleaning.
2. Keep your screens and windows clean. Even though it can be a pain, keeping your windows clean makes a dramatic difference in the light that comes into your home.
3. Don't forget about the garage or attic. Just because you may not look at them every day doesn't mean they don't get messy. Cleaning those rooms like you would any room in the house keeps the whole home feeling pristine and polished.
4. Sometimes cleaning can get overwhelming but if you can clean just one room a day for 5 minutes it will drastically cut down on the time when you decide you are ready for a deep clean.
Whether you're a new home owner, or have owned your house for years all of these tips can help you keep your home in tip top shape!
Pipe burst, mold, fire, home damage... words that no homeowner wants to hear. When something happens to your home, you want a team you can trust and count. Why choose SERVPRO?
SERVPRO of Cheyenne offers 24 hour emergency service. We are dedicated to your needs, and the needs of Cheyenne, Wyoming. At SERVPRO we strive to be faster than any disaster that may happen! We are a locally owned and operated with highly trained technicians, and advanced cleaning equipment.
Just a few things our team specializes in:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Storm Damage Restoration
- COVID19 Cleaning
If you have any questions, or just want to learn more about how we can assist you please call us today at (307)-514-9011 or visit our website at https://www.SERVPROcheyenne.com/
Laramie County Wildfire Damage Event
A forest fire
The active wildfires in Southern California are increasing their impact as growing Santa Ana winds add fuel to these devastating blazes that are encroaching in the area. Here in Cheyenne we can relate all too well with what is happening in California. While, thank goodness, our situation is nowhere near as dire, it is still very real for those of us in Southeast Wyoming.
Here in Laramie and Albany counties we are feeling the affects of the Mullen Fire. This fire is burning in the Medicine Bow National Forest. Currently, (9/30/2020) it is 96, 767 acres. For more information about this fire and any evacuations please go to https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/7208.
In addition to the Mullen Fire, we have the Cameron Peak fire burning in Northern Colorado. The Cameron Peak Fire is currently 125,006 acres and 22% contained as of 9/30/2020.
Ready to help Here at SERVPRO of Cheyenne we are monitoring these wildfire situations closely. Our thoughts are with those neighbors who may be put in harms’ way during this event. In many cases, a wildfire can result in a total loss for a home or business, but in others it may be a partial loss, or can result in mild smoke damage. If your home or business is affected by a wildfire, SERVPRO of Cheyenne is Here to Help®.
About SERVPRO of Cheyenne
SERVPRO of Cheyenne specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Fire or Soot Damage? Call Us Today – We’re Ready To Help 307-514-9011
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
- * #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
- Call SERVPRO of Cheyenne today at 307-514-9011 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
- Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
Tis the Season, for Hail!
Tis the Season, for Hail!
Here in southeast Wyoming, we are all too familiar with hailstorms! I’m pretty sure we all wish we weren’t as familiar as we are. One of the prices we pay to live in the best state! Now, we know we are part of Tornado Alley, but did you know that we are also in Hail Alley? From Weather.com “The area where Nebraska, Colorado and Wyoming meet is known as “hail alley” and it averages seven to nine hail days per year, according to NSSL.”
How does hail form? Well, per NOAA.gov “Hailstones are formed when raindrops are carried upward by thunderstorm updrafts into extremely cold areas of the atmosphere and freeze. Hailstones then grow by colliding with liquid water drops that freeze onto the hailstone's surface. https://www.nssl.noaa.gov/education/svrwx101/hail/#:~:text=Hailstones%20are%20formed%20when%20raindrops,freeze%20onto%20the%20hailstone's%20surface.
Hail can vary between being a nuisance to outright scary and dangerous. It could cause little dents in cars and small cracks in building windows. It could also leave damage, such as holes and shattered windows in cars and buildings. There is also the possibility you could wind up with secondary damage from water leaking into the building.
If you have hail damage to your home or business, SERVPRO of Cheyenne is here for you. Call us right away so we can stop any additional damage from happening. We want to make it “Like it never even happened.”