Who are you going to call?
Winter is here! Are YOU ready?
SERVPRO of Cheyenne for when winter weather hits.
Winter is here and freezing temperatures have arrived. Cold weather, winter storms, snow, chilling winds, and ice storms can cause massive damage to your home and/or business. The moment this happens, immediate action is the key to prevent additional or graver damage to your property.
Top causes of winter storm damages:
- Roof Failure: This can be caused by snow and ice. The weight of snow or ice can fluctuate based on humidity levels, type of snow and ice, and time (how long the snow and ice stay on the roof).
- Frozen Pipes: Freezing temperatures can cause the pipes to freeze and once those temperatures warm-up, pipes can burst and cause water damage.
- House Fires: Maintenance of furnaces, heaters, dryers, and fireplaces are extremely important. As well as proper use of space heaters and extension cords.
If you experience any of these things. Call us, SERVPRO of Cheyenne has the experts, the experience, and the resources to help!
Let us make your worse moment “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO of Cheyenne is available 24 hours and 7 days a week. Call 307-514-9011
Could this be true? Is it really that time?
SERVPRO of Cheyenne wishes all a Happy and Safe New Year!
It is time to say goodbye to 2021 and hello to 2022!
We hope that this coming year is full of hope, love, health, prosperity, kindness, and joy. We are proud to be part of this beautiful city and its residents.
We are so excited! SERVPRO of Cheyenne has big plans for this upcoming year. Please keep checking our social media to see what’s to come.
Residential and Commercial
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Duct Cleaning
- Biohazard (COVID-19/Crime Scene)
Call us at (307)514-9011, 24 hours/7 days a week, including holidays. We are here to help.
SERVPRO of Cheyenne would like to wish you all a Happy NEW YEAR!
Happy Holidays from our SERVPRO of Cheyenne Family:
Happy Holidays from SERVPRO of Cheyenne!
‘Tis the season to celebrate friendship, family, and the beautiful connections that we create throughout the year! We at SERVPRO of Cheyenne would like to thank you all, especially our community, for our connection and we hope you all have a magical holiday season.
Please remember that SERVPRO of Cheyenne is here to help get you back to enjoying your family and holidays. We are available: 24 hours/7 days a week and on holidays.
Call us, SERVPRO of Cheyenne at 307-514-9011.
“Like it never even happened.”
Want to know a little more about SERVPRO?
The original picture of the first SERVPRO Headquarters!
SERVPRO began in 1967 as a family-owned painting business in Sacramento, California. Not too long after, SERVPRO began to focus on Cleaning and Restoration. As that occurred the industry boomed. This is when the franchise world began in 1969. With over 50 years of experience, SERVPRO is the #1 chosen company for Cleanup and Restoration in the USA. In 1988, SERVPRO Headquarters moved to Gallatin, Tennessee.
We are proud to be SERVPRO of Cheyenne! SERVPRO of Cheyenne opened its doors in June 2015 and we continue to work hard for those moments that our community members need us. As our motto states: “Like it never even happened,” let our professionals help you get back to your lives.
Our services are:
- Fire, Smoke, and Soot
- Water Removal and Dehumidification
- Mold Mitigation and Remediation
- Catastrophic Storm Restoration
- Move-outs and Contents Restoration
- Document Drying
- Contents Claim Inventory Services
- Air Ducts
- Biohazards, Crime Scene, and Vandalism
- Carpet and upholstery
- Ceilings, Walls, and Hard Floors
Call us and let our professionals help!
SERVPRO of Cheyenne at (307)514-9011.
Ways to prevent frozen pipes this winter:
Say no to frozen pipes this winter.
The winters here in Cheyenne Wyoming are no joke. What comes to mind when you think of winter in Cheyenne? In Cheyenne, the winter is all about snowflakes, hot cocoa, white fluffy snow, fireplace, freezing winds, and sledding. It is all fun and games until you walk into your home, and you find out that your pipes have frozen.
Here are a few tips from the Red Cross to help avoid frozen pipes:
- Keep the garage door closed, especially if you have water supply lines in the garage.
- Open kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors to allow for warmer air to circulate.
- If it gets VERY cold outside, allow some cold water to drip from the indoor faucets. A little running water can prevent pipes from freezing
- Keep your thermostat set to the same temperature during the day and night.
- If you are going to be away for the winter keep your thermostat running never lower than 55° F.
If your pipes do freeze over, here are a few tips on how to thaw them:
- If you turn on a faucet and only a little bit of water comes out, suspect a frozen pipe.
- Keep the faucet open. As you thaw the frozen pipes, keeping the faucet open will help melt the ice in the pipe.
- Using an electric heating pad wrapped around the pipe to help. You can also use an electric hair dryer, portable space heater or by wrapping your pipes with towels soaked in hot water. DO NOT use: kerosene, propane heater, blowtorch, charcoal stove, or any open flame devices.
- Check to make sure other pipes are not frozen. If one pipe freezes, there is a high chance others did too.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to give us a call at (307)514-9011.
SERVPRO of Cheyenne is here to help 24 hours/7 days a week.
The Danger of Heating up your home during winter:
Are you keeping your home warm safely?
Winter is Coming! As we get closer and closer to the end of the year the weather has shown a significant change. Yes, it is that time for us Wyomingites to get ready for the cold and the snow. Although we know that heating up your home and place of work is important and needed. At SERVPRO of Cheyenne, your safety, the safety of your family, and the safety of our community are more important. Here are a few tips that should be followed that firefighter is urging us to keep in mind:
- Do NOT DIY your heat - Please use the correct equipment to heat up your homes.
- Never heat your home with your oven - Leaving your oven open is very dangerous and it can generate more carbon monoxide if gas appliances are not properly maintained.
- Only use properly rated gas space heaters indoors - there are many gas heaters out there that are not rated for indoor use, please make sure that what you are using is.
- Be careful with electric space heaters - please make sure that you have enough room around your space heater.
- Never burn wood in a gas-only fireplace - gas-only fireplaces are not equipped to handle wood burning.
- Have your furnace and fireplace serviced every year - Please make use that your furnace and fireplace are ready to be used by a professional.
- Lastly, if it is bigger than a candle, please make sure that the area is well ventilated.
SERVPRO of Cheyenne urges you to stay safe this winter.
We are here to help: 24 hours a day/7 days a week, please call us at (307)514-9011.
How to Keep Storm Drains Clear:
Please keep the storm drain clear of debris.
The fall season is one of the most colorful and breathtaking season of the year. With all of these beautiful colors comes the leaves. One of the top causes of storm drain clogs is from natural debris, such as: branches, twigs, dirt, rocks and, of course, leaves. Also, sadly, there are other type of debris that clog our storm drains with our winds and due to living in the city, such as: plastic bags, plastic bottles, food, cardboard containers, aluminum cans, and fast-food containers.
Here are a few things that you can do to prevent clogged storm drains:
- Regularly monitor neighborhood storm drains for debris.
- Do not blow or sweep leaves into the ditches, storm drains, or roads.
- If a drain is clogged use a shovel or rake to remove the debris.
- Remember to always wear reflective clothing and gloves for safety.
- Makes sure to only clean the drains you can reach, avoid busy areas.
- If the drain is still clogged, please report is to: https://www.cheyennecity.org/Your-Government/Departments/Public-Works or call 307-637-6263.
Call us, we are always ready to help!
SERVPRO of Cheyenne at 307-514-9011
How to Spot and Avoid Scams:
Beware of scams!
In the world that we live today with access to so much cool stuff on the internet, it can make us vulnerable to unwanted solicitors. Unfortunately, there are many people out there that want to take advantage of others. Be aware of messages being sent online selling services. Take the following step to verify the legitimacy of these companies.
- Make sure to contact the company directly via phone/website before scheduling.
- Verify that whoever it was that reached out to you is a current employee of said company.
- Check Website’s authenticity.
- If the person states that they only do business via social media, be careful.
- Never provide personal information over the phone before steps 1-3.
- Don’t fall for the scam!
We care about our community, and we don’t want to see our family, friends, and neighbors fall for these predators.
While SERVPRO of Cheyenne is always here to help, 24 hours a day / 7 days a week. We will not solicit our services via Facebook or other social media unless you or someone on your behalf has reached out to us first. Such as your insurance company.
When you need us, call 307-514-9011.
“Like it never even happened.” ®
The Holidays are coming: Here are a few safety tips from our family to yours
Our SERVPRO of Cheyenne's family.
Fall is in the air and the Holiday season is rolling in, a warm sensation washes over your family and the beautiful City of Cheyenne. Images of family gatherings, colorful leaves, warm foods, fun in the snow, laughter, and much more comes to mind.
Unfortunately, the season also brings flu/COVID risk, an increase of snowstorms, homes fires, and other safety issues that can interrupt such amazing memories from being built.
Here are a few safety tips to keep in mind:
- Make a disaster preparedness plan for your family. https://www.habitat.org/our-work/disaster-response/disaster-preparedness-homeowners/family-preparedness-plan
- Have all emergency contact information available. https://www.laramiecountywy.gov/_departments/communicationscenter/RequestedNumbers.aspx
- Ensure that your home and/or business is ready for the weather. https://www.weather.gov/ffc/family_plan
And… remember SERVPRO of Cheyenne is here to help, 24 hours/7 days a week. Let our trained professionals get you and your family back to enjoying the holiday season.
Call us Today! SERVPRO of Cheyenne at 307-514-9011.
“Like it never even happened.”®
We Are Here, 24/7/365. Ready to Help
Call us today at SERVPRO of Cheyenne for more information. 307-514-9011
Here at SERVPRO of Cheyenne, we are available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, no matter how big or how small. When there has been a water damage, immediate action is crucial. That is why we don't work just 9-5. Emergencies don't care what time of day it is, that is why we are ready to help you, anytime, day or night.
We Are Ready to Help From the Moment We Answer the Phone
When you need us the most, someone will be there to take your call. SERVPRO of Cheyenne understands that when you are reaching out to us, it is because an emergency has occurred and you are going to be stressed, upset, and worried. We want to help alleviate your concerns. We know that everyone's situation is unique and personal. Our job is to guide you through it, with understanding, and professionalism. We have the experience and training to help you with a water damage.
Knowing What to Expect
We know the last thing you want are more surprises. We don't want to add to your stress or worry. When you call, we will ask you several questions regarding your water emergency. Why do we need to ask these questions? Because these questions help us determine the best way to help you. It allows us to know what equipment we will need and how many of our trained technicians will be best to help you.
Some of the questions you may be asked are:
- Your name and best contact information.
- The address where the water loss occurred.
- Your insurance information, if it is applicable.
- The date the damage occurred.
- What is the cause of the water damage, if you know.
- Has the source of the damage been stopped.
"Like it never even happened,"® that is our goal at SERVPRO of Cheyenne. Our technicians are highly trained, from the initial training they receive to ongoing training and regular IICRC-Industry certification. Rest assured, our teams have the knowledge and training to help you.